Martha Stewart's Gingerbread Cupcakes without Cookie Cutouts (#20)

First of all, Layla wishes everyone a happy National Cupcake Day!
I just couldn't resist creating a snow scene with my cupcakes this week. My sister, Robin, gave me one of her cameras and it has this awesome lense that allows me to get very fine photos of my "little people."
The cupcakes were very easy to make...and they taste awesome~!
Here are links to my other Xmas cupcakes that you might enjoy:


Martha Stewart Gingerbread Cupcakes:
Makes 12
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup packed dark-brown sugar
1 cup unsulphered molasses
2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1 recipe Butter Glaze

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with paper baking cups, and set aside. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. In a bowl, combine boiling water and baking soda; set aside. In a large bowl, sift together flour, ground spices, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter until light. Beat in the brown sugar until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the molasses, baking-soda mixture, and flour mixture. Beat in the eggs.
Fill the cupcake papers three-quarters full, making sure that the batter is divided evenly. Bake cupcakes until a toothpick inserted in the center of them comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cupcakes cool a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.

Hope you have a great week!
CQ & Layla

21 comments:

  1. Great photos, glad you are baking along with the group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! The perfect winter cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so fun and festive! Merry Christmas to you, and Layla too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the little trees and skiiers!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:52 PM

    Oh gosh, I love the snow scenes. It looks like the inside of a snow globe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely beautiful cuppies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love the snow scenes! Those are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little snow scene on top of your cupcakes - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea to top them off with tiny figurines! These are adorable and I believe you when you say they're tasty too. Ill put it on the to-bake-in-my-lifetime list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi

    nice picture cupcake..i like it

    cheers
    hand blown glass vases

    ReplyDelete
  11. Layla is absolutely adorable.

    I am in total awe of how gorgeous your cupcakes look. They're works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cupcake are soooo cute!! Especially the one with the trees! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i lurve little folk. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cupcakes look great! Glad you enjoyed them (i didnt).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I featured layla as one of my favorite blog dogs! Go to http://dropdeadkawaii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. supercute!! i am sooo going to make these!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! :D

    I just found your blog from 'Drop Dead Kawaii'.

    Layla is BEAUTIFUL!!! Is she a Staffy?! I'm in love! <3

    Cupcakes + Layla = LOVE!!

    I have a Staffy puppy named Baby! Maybe Layla and Baby could be friends!? <3

    I'm so glad I found your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11:44 PM

    your snow scene cupcakes are just too beautiful!
    i hope you don't mind that i share it in my blog entry today.
    happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks a lot for the wonderful recipe. The decoration is awesome! I wanted to try something new for this Christmas to treat my family and friends with. This will be a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh good...it's not too late to make these "winter" cupcakes (not just for the holidays). They are beautiful, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these! All your cucakes are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete